Sexton's Cottage Museum & St Thomas' Rest Park
Sexton's Cottage is a historic building within the grounds of St Thomas Rest Park. This is the former St Thomas' Cemetery, the first European burial ground on Sydney's North Shore. The cemetery was converted to a Rest Park in 1974. The Museum (Sexton's Cottage) was built in the 1850s for use by the church sexton. It now houses the burial register, storyboards depicting the site's history and other information on the social history of the area. The cemetery features the graves of early pioneers. Sexton's Cottage Museum and the monuments located within St. Thomas' Rest Park provide visitors with a snapshot of life and death in Australia from the early Victorian period. The Rest Park is the site of the former St. Thomas' Cemetery, the oldest European burial ground on the North Shore dating back to 1845.